Sorting and Updating Documents
Over time we all accumulate stacks of documents “just in case” they are needed in the future. The reality is, only certain files are legally required to be kept, most files are never referenced, and most of us forget to dispose of older statements. Transition Support Services knows which files you are required to keep, which files should be kept as a safeguard, how to safely store files for easy future access and how to properly dispose of unneeded documents to prevent identity theft.
As part of this service, we assist with the activation / deactivation of your services and updating your contact information with all required financial institutions, appropriate government bodies, organizations, family and friends, while preventing access by unwanted solicitors.
What we can do for you:
- Review all documents to determine if you have a legal obligation to keep them.
- Review remaining documents to determine whether they should be kept for warranty or for safeguard.
- Properly file all kept documents in a provided filing container, or your personal filing cabinet, for safe storage and easy future access.
- Protect you from identity theft by securely disposing of all unnecessary files onsite.
- Update your address and contact information for all active accounts, government bodies, organizations and contacts. We will supply a detailed list of all required accounts and institutions to simplify the process in situations when you personally must complete the account change of address process.
- Ensure that appropriate companies and services are notified of your move and that unwanted services are cancelled and new services are activated at the appropriate time within your schedule (e.g. phone, cable, hydro, etc.).
- Notify Canada Post of your change of address and ensure that all incoming mail is forwarded to your new home.
- Provide personalized “change of address cards” that you can send to family and friends.
- Provide your new contact information to Canadian Governments’ “Do Not Call” registry. This will drastically reduce the number of calls you receive from telemarketers.